Anyone may attend the monthly Intergroup Meeting of Overeaters Anonymous, which meets the second Saturday of every month from 10:30 am to noon at the OA Office. If you can’t make it in person, you can now attend via Skype using the following instructions:
Attending Greater Atlanta OA Intergroup Meetings remotely using Skype:
Preparing to attend Assembly using Skype:
1. Download and install Skype onto your devise. https://skype.com
2. Create an account.
3. Make a “friend” request with danielfilan (Tech Web Chair)
4. Email saddie1467 at Gmail.com with your Skype name and your desire to attend via video feed.
5. See the below for instructions to follow while attending the monthly IG meeting remotely.
Attending GAOAIG Monthly Intergroup Meeting using Skype:
1. Greater Atlanta OA Intergroup (GAOAIG) meets on the 2nd Saturday of every month from 10:30 am – 12 pm at the Atlanta OA office.
a. GAOAIG will video call YOU if you have requested to attend and provided your Skype address between 10:15 and 10:25.
b. If you wish to be contacted at a time other than these start times, please make this request to Saddie1467 at gmail.com (or call 470-350-9982 and we will do our best to accommodate you.
2. When connected by video conference feed, please mute both your microphone (click on its symbol below the video feed on your screen) so that there is not feedback to the other callers from audio being picked up by your laptop’s microphones. Also mute your camera so that there is less bandwidth used and GAOAIG participants will only see your profile picture. So below the video feed of the Assembly, you should see this:
3. Communicate with the person running Skype through the chat window. GAOAIG will begin a chat with you and it will look like this:
4. Remember that the person running Skype and communicating through the Chat window is also doing their best to participate in the IG meeting , so be patient with whomever is running this platform if they don’t see a message from you immediately! If a Skype connection is lost in the middle of the meeting GAOAIG will try to reconnect you. You also can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org