Every December 12th, Overeater Anonymous groups and service boards around the world celebrate and plan events for Twelfth Step Within Day, a day to support the still-suffering compulsive eater within our Fellowship.
Here are some actions to take:
- Make as many outreach calls as you can by 12 noon!
- Reach out to a member (s) you haven’t seen in a Zoom meeting in awhile.
- Write an article, a poem, or share your thoughts on the 12th step, 12th tradition, 12th promise, or 12th principle.
- Use the day to reflect on the strength of your own recovery,
- Write down twelve actions that will support your recovery and the recovery
- Share the list.
- Write an article for your service body’s newsletter.
- Did you hear someone on a meeting share something that was causing them distress, or pain/struggle. Why not reach out to them after the meeting. Ask for their number in the Chat feature on Zoom.
- Call a sponsee who is struggling with the physical, emotional, or spiritual part of recovery.
We can offer our honesty, experience, strength, hope, support and encouragement to a member who is struggling in program. On December 12th, reach out and help a fellow in program who may still be sick and suffering!